By Barry Balleck
This provocative quantity explores how and why the notice "patriot" has been appropriated by way of those that struggle opposed to the U.S. government—sometimes advocating violence in aid in their goals.
• Addresses the wide variety of "patriot" teams at present lively within the usa, protecting their origins and present actions and what they display approximately America's political state
• Profiles famous patriot teams
• Discusses the political, fiscal, and social dynamics that perpetuate the expansion of those pursuits
• Explores how and why such teams advanced from guardians of the rules of constrained executive to proponents of radicalized violence opposed to these they see as being against their beliefs
• Overviews the congruence of patriotism and political violence in U.S. heritage, resembling how disillusionment within the wake of the Civil conflict supplied fodder for the forming of the Klu Klux Klan
Read or Download Allegiance to Liberty: The Changing Face of Patriots, Militias, and Political Violence in America PDF
Similar civil rights & liberties books
Human Trafficking presents a severe engagement with the main debates on human alternate. It addresses the topic in the broader context of worldwide crime and the internationalisation of crime keep an eye on. The e-book takes a largely discursive strategy and attracts on ancient, comparative in addition to the newest empirical fabric to demonstrate and tell the dialogue of the foremost traits in human trafficking.
Either New Zealand and the uk problem assumptions approximately how a invoice of rights services. Their parliamentary accounts of rights constrain judicial evaluation and in addition glance to parliament to play a rights-protecting function. This arises from the requirement to notify parliament if legislative accounts usually are not suitable with rights.
This distinct publication lines public perspectives on social citizenship throughout 3 many years via attitudinal info from New Zealand, the uk and Australia. will probably be worthy for lecturers and scholars in sociology, social coverage, and political science.
During this impressive publication, Mark Muller Stuart quality control tells the tale of British intervention in Libya and the Arab Spring from a special civil society viewpoint: he used to be there in Benghazi weeks after the UN No-Fly sector answer was once handed, assembly with insurgent leaders to debate how Western civil society will help them stabilise the rustic and unravel tough legacy concerns comparable to sufferer claims over Lockerbie and the availability of IRA Semtex.
- Storm in the Desert: Britain's intervention in Libya and the Arab Spring
- Before Jim Crow: The Politics of Race in Postemancipation Virginia (Gender and American Culture)
- Fog of War: The Second World War and the Civil Rights Movement
- Citizens in Europe: Civic Activism and the Community Democratic Experiment
Additional info for Allegiance to Liberty: The Changing Face of Patriots, Militias, and Political Violence in America