By H. Steinhoff
Read or Download Transforming Bodies: Makeovers and Monstrosities in American Culture PDF
Best gender studies books
On the flip of the twenty-first century, American media abound with photographs and narratives of physically differences. on the crossroads of yank, cultural, literary, media, gender, queer, incapacity and governmentality reports, the e-book offers a well timed intervention into severe debates on physique differences and modern makeover tradition.
Among the past due Seventies and the early 2000s, no less than sixty-five ladies, a lot of them participants of Indigenous groups, have been discovered murdered or said lacking from Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside. In a piece pushed through the urgency of this ongoing main issue, which extends around the kingdom, Amber Dean deals a well timed, severe research of the general public representations, memorials, and activist thoughts that introduced the tale of Vancouver’s disappeared girls to the eye of a much wider public.
Etre à l. a. fois mère et avoir une activité rémunératrice provoque des dérangements culturels et sociaux imprévus. Sont remis en query l. a. définition même de l. a. maternité, vue jusque-là comme une vocation particular ; l. a. définition du travail : mettre au monde et élever un enfant est-il un travail au sens ordinaire du terme ?
This ebook presents a path-breaking learn of the genesis, progress, profits, and dilemmas of women's events in nations in the course of the international. Its concentration is at the worldwide South, the place women's pursuits have engaged in complicated negotiations with nationwide and overseas forces. It demanding situations broadly held assumptions in regards to the Western origins and personality of neighborhood feminisms.
- Gender und Technologie. Die „weibliche Perspektive“ im Softwaredesign (German Edition)
- Black Men Worshipping: Intersecting Anxieties of Race, Gender, and Christian Embodiment (Black Religion/Womanist Thought/Social Justice)
- Ruling Women, Volume 1: Government, Virtue, and the Female Prince in Seventeenth-Century France (Queenship and Power)
- Princess Isabel of Brazil: Gender and Power in the Nineteenth Century (Latin American Silhouettes)
- Die Rolle der Frau in Werbung und Gesellschaft (German Edition)
Additional info for Transforming Bodies: Makeovers and Monstrosities in American Culture